Celebrating 10 Years at Still Waters VineyardsMay 15, 2014
Today marks our 10 year anniversary of the Still Waters Tasting Room opening!
Still Waters Vineyards began 10 years ago as a dream of Paul and Pat Hoover to have a small family vineyard and winery growing some of the best fruit in the Paso Robles region. What started as a dream 10 years later has developed into a successful business in the growing Central Coast wine region. Ten years have flown by and every year, month, week and day have been better than the next and we are proud to have held tight to our original mission statement – “Stay Small, Have Fun and Focus on Quality!”
Still Waters has evolved over the years and we are excited to see where the next decade will take us. Here are what we think have been some of the highlights of the last 10 years.
- Our staff has grown from 3 part time employees to 13 employees not including Paul and Pat. Over the years we have had some of the best staff imaginable working with us and are very thankful to our current staff members, friends, family and club members that have helped us along the way.
- Our very first club member joined on opening day and he is still in the Wine Club!
- We have had the honor of being a part of over 150 weddings, and love seeing everyone on their anniversaries with their own growing families
- Our gardens continue to evolve and we cherish the days that guests spend enjoying them. The property has changed over the years to include four water features and many picnic spots, not to mention our amazing vegetable garden with our very own complimentary farm stand and our cute chickens that supply the fresh eggs we sell in the tasting room.
- We have a strong focus on sustainability and are a SIP Certified Vineyard – meaning we base our growing decisions on the long term effects on the environment.
- As of 2013, we are a solar powered winery, vineyard and tasting room!
- The winery has expanded its equipment and barrel program. This includes building our Barrel Room in 2008 and the purchase of a state of the art crush pad system in 2013. The continued focus on vineyard and winery quality have led to many awards for our wines and we know the new equipment will increase the quality of our wines in the coming years.
- The Still Waters Family is growing! Paul and Pat’s family has expanded. Their son Ben married Nancy in 2009 and they have a beautiful little boy, Charlie who will be 2 in September. Their daughter Stephanie married Ryan in 2012. The whole family just enjoyed a much deserved vacation in Kauai. Kasey, our manager from the very beginning, and Dan were married in 2009 and have two adorable little boys; Dylan 3yrs and Tanner 6months.
Ten years have flown by and we are thankful to every guest we have had the pleasure of meeting and with whom we have enjoyed a glass of wine. We are amazed at what has come from the last ten years and are excited to see what the next decade will have in store.
Thanks for being a part of our journey and the Still Waters Family – Cheers!